Welcome to Ocean ROC Blog

Please feel free to add comments to the posts on the Ocean ROC blog. If you'd like to become a full member or 'author' which will enable you to add posts and/or pictures, please send an email to peter.cramp@oceanplymouth.bmw-net.co.uk, give me a reason why and I'll add you to the list. Enjoy!

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

1st Ride Out


1st Ride out

-Sunday 21st June

-Meet at Ocean Plymouth 9.00am for coffee

-Departing approx 9.30am

Heading towards Falmouth for lunchtime where you'll be free to do some sight seeing, grab a bite to eat or perhaps use the unique 'Park & Float'
service and sail in a classic ferry to The Maritime Museum which is playing host to a major new exhibition telling the story of history's most famous ship and her tragic sinking.

Titanic Honour and Glory is a powerfully moving and evocative show which depicts the tragedy of the giant vessel that sank on April 15, 1912. The exhibition features many rare artefacts from Titanics passengers and crew including a silver pocket watch that stopped working at 02.28am, the exact time the Titanic slipped beneath the icy waters of the Atlantic. Cornwalls connections to the tragedy have also been revealed with new objects, stories and photographs previously unseen before. The exhibition also brings a bit of Hollywood to Falmouth with a number of props and costumes from the James Cameron blockbuster Titanic. Entrance fee to this exhibition is £8.75.

From here we'll be winding our way back towards Plymouth taking in some more fantastic scenery and great biking roads.

Please let me know if you are coming!

See you soon

14 comments:

Chris L said...

Yep sounds a good one count us in.

Anonymous said...

Excellent, I've been wondering when you would start doing ride outs.
I look forward to joining you.

Alan said...

This is a really good move. I'll be there.
I would also like to say that there may be some local Ocean K series riders who would like to join in with a Euro K club scenic/multi-pass week or so tour in the France/Swiss/Italy regions starting end August. This is an informal ride with routes and hotels identified by a local Geneva K series rider. You pay your own way and come back whenever you want. No money goes to the club. If so check out the club site/forum.

Ocean Ride Out Club said...

Hi Alan

Thanks for that. Can you provide a link or address for the club site?

OROC

Alan said...

No problem, it's www.eurokclub.com.
You will need to register to view the forum and section 'Euro K Club Events' which will enable you to look at the post titled 'Club Trip to GTConvert's Territory'. There are currently 10 K riders going including 3 from the Geneva area. I'm the only one so far from the 'Ocean BMW area'.I haven't decided whether I will take the Roscoff ferry and meet them down there or ride to Folkstone and 'tunnel it' with the UK riders.

Chris L said...

Just noticed that Sunday 21st June is Father's Day, my 5 year Old may have some thing to say about this ???

Si Judge said...

Yup I'll be there.
Be good riding up to meet you guys to ride back....looking forward to it.

Summer said...

I may well be up for this one dependin on the weather that is :-)

Chris L said...

Summer said...
I may well be up for this one dependin on the weather that is :-)


You mean unbroken sun 80+ no other cars on the road and wishing if only your bike could keep up with mine, then you may go :-)) Well the weather looks good, can't sort the traffic and I will use my mountain bike in lower gears so you can at least keep up with me LoL

Summer said...

But Chris is there any bike that can keep up with yours, lets face it, you have and am still spendin loads on it, its no wonder I cant keep up, its not down to my ridin speed :-)
So does this mean you are going on Sunday after all ?

steve said...

enjoyes the ride out to falmouth thanks alot guys and fixing the weather helped, perhaps north cornwall/north devon next?

Si Judge said...

What a brilliant first ride out great to spend time with so many like minded people. How about making this every 4 weeks from today then we can book up our diaries in advance.

Chris L said...

Yep a great Ride out, Great weather and great people nice to meet new faces. Pics to follow when I get time as I no Matt (Mr High Vis) can't wait. Don't worry mate you did a great job :-) and thanks to all that helped to plan and make the day including our drinks at our first stop. Cheers People

Alan said...

I left Falmouth before the rest of the group on Sunday. I misjudged the weather and had leather trousers on so was slowly cooking and had to ride to get some breeze. Thanks for the day out and the coffees. Thinking about it, was I the only K series rider there, surrounded by all the Boxer clunkers? It held me back a bit. Just joking!